Park City, Utah, Events
Park City, UT, is a destination that defies labels. Although we might be known for our ski resorts and hiking trails, there is so much more to our quiet city than just gorgeous mountains. We’ve got a thriving culinary scene, a tight-knit art community, and one of the best-known film festivals in the world! No matter the reason for your visit, Park City has an annual festival that’s sure to pique your interests. Preview some of our favorite Park City, Utah, events below and start planning your next getaway!
Our Favorite Park City, Utah, Events
Sundance Film Festival
Without a doubt, the most popular annual event in Park City is the Sundance Film Festival. We don’t have to explain what it is — you’ve undoubtedly heard about this prestigious program that showcases new works from independent filmmakers. It takes place every year in late-January and attendance is considered a must among serious film buffs.
It probably comes as no surprise that Park City is home to some excellent annual athletic competitions and events.
- FIS World Championships: Every year in February, Park City and Solitude, Utah, welcome the best freestyle skiers and snowboarders to the FIS World Championships. This competition features 10 days of thrilling freestyle events that challenge even the most talented athletes.
- Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah: If you think of Park City as just a ski town, think again! We’re also part of one of the top professional cycling events in North America! The Tour of Utah spans our beautiful state, showcasing some of the best cyclists of today. This seven-day event takes place in mid-August.
- Savor the Summit: If you’re looking for an excuse to book a stay in Park City during the summer, this is it! Savor the Summit is the largest outdoor dinner party in town, spanning the length of Main Street in the historic downtown district. It takes place in late June and typically welcomes more than 2,500 participants each year, Eat, drink, and be merry surrounded by the most stunning landscapes on the planet!
- The Park City Food & Wine Classic: If you want to experience the best of the best of Park City’s culinary scene, head to the Food & Wine Classic. This incredible weekend includes over 20 events, including educational seminars, wine tastings, and so much more.
Music & Cultural Events
- Big Stars Bright Nights Concert Series: For over 15 years, the Big Stars, Bright Nights Concert Series has welcome musical icons like Willie Nelson and Allison Krauss to one of our town’s gorgeous outdoor venues. What could be better than enjoying music under the twinkling night sky of Park City?
- Deer Valley Music Festival: During the summer season, the Utah Symphony and Utah Opera pack their bags and head to Park City for an eight-week musical extravaganza! See some of the top names in classical music and the biggest stars of the Broadway stage during this annual concert series.
Visual Art Events
- Kimball Arts Festival: Is there anything better than having fun for a good cause? The Park City Kimball Arts Festival is an annual fundraising event for the Kimball Art Center. This three-day event includes live musical performances, kid-friendly activities, as well as some hands-on instruction that’s perfect for teens and adults.