We understand that planning a trip with kids can be a stressful experience. There is too much pressure put on parents to make sure that every aspect of a vacation is engaging, fun, and exciting for the whole family. Let us take some of the burden of vacation planning off of your shoulders. As area experts, we know all of the best Park City activities for kids, no matter the time of year. If you’re looking for more to do other than just spending your time at Park City Mountain Resort or Deer Valley, you’re in the right place! Find out some of the best off-the-resort attractions below, and book your stay with us today!
Our Favorite Activities for Kids in Park City
In the Summer
- Ride the Park City Alpine Slide: Zip along a track at almost 25 miles-per-hour when you climb aboard the alpine slide or coaster at the Park City Mountain Resort! For many local residents, riding the alpine coaster or slide marks the start of the summer season in Park City. There are some height and weight requirements for both rides, so be sure to check ahead if you’re traveling with younger kids.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Tour: Book a sunrise balloon flight with Skywalker Balloon Company, Park City’s oldest (and only) tour company of its kind. While the flights are available year-round, we think they’re best experienced in the summer or fall, when the weather is still warm.
In the Winter
- Tubing at Woodward Park City: If you’re a repeat visitor to Park City, you may not recognize Woodward Park City. This area used to be called Gorgoza Park and was known for being the best place to go for snow tubing. Luckily, this new facility is still going to offer this favorite activity during the summer, starting in November of 2019.
- Cross-Country Skiing: If you want to take a break from downhill skiing, head to the White Pine Nordic Center. If you’ve never gone cross-country skiing before, the center offers lessons and tours that are perfect for newbies. You can also rent the equipment and enjoy their tracks if you’d prefer.
- Olympic Park in Park City: The former arenas for some of the 2002 Olympic Winter Games have been transformed into the ultimate playground! It offers ropes courses, zip-lines, and rock climbing (oh my!). In the winter, the whole family can even enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime professional bobsled ride.
- Jordanelle Reservoir: During the warm months, families love to visit the reservoir to enjoy an afternoon of hiking, biking, boating, and fishing. When snow begins to fall, you can go ice fishing on the water or snowshoeing on the park’s trails.
Book Your Next Getaway Today
Now that you’ve got your itinerary packed with the best kids activities in Park City, it’s time to book your accommodations! Alpine Ski Properties offers an outstanding selection of townhomes that are perfect for your family. Our homes range from one to six bedrooms, so you’ll be able to find something that can accommodate your travel party. No more sacrificing privacy or comfort while on vacation! You can have a luxurious bedroom all to yourself for an incredible price.
Browse our full inventory of vacation rentals and book your next stay with us today! We look forward to having you.